Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Small Town Part VI - The Daughter named Clara

     "Mother I was wondering if I could go on the school trip tomorrow everyone's going."


     "Clara if everyone jumped into the forbidden lake would you," asked Clara's mother.


     "No," Clara answered. She turned around and walked out of the room.


    "If you don't mind me saying ma'am," the servant began. "I understand that even though Clara isn't your blood you still raised her in such a way. But you must understand that she is still a child and some times they are driven by a certain urge. When you were younger you always had to be the center of attention. Not because of the way you were raised per say but because of what was in your blood."


     "I know you've been working for my family quite some time now, and I strongly believe," Clara's mother paused for effect. "You should retire. I am no longer in need of your services."


     "Ma'am that is a nasty thing to say," the servant replied.


     "And what you said to me was also a nasty thing to say. Now go be the good guy and tell Clara she can go on the trip. You're good at doing things like that," Clara's mother told the servant. He bowed and left the room.


    This was the life of one of the girls. If you can remember her actual blood father had sold her because he could not afford all three of his girls. Clara's blood mother was not in agreement with this at all but her husbands word was the final one. The women that had brought Clara was a very wealthy women who always dreamed of having her very own child. But when she couldn't she decided to find another way to get what she wanted.


     "Ms. Clara I have come to in form you that," Clara cut the servant off.


     "Come look at this Jeffery. It's a white turtle dove," Jeffery the servant walked over to Clara's window to go take a gander. "Jeffery how come you call me Ms.Clara, and why is mother always so serious, and how come you don't have any children of your own," Clara asked?


     "Well miss that's because I was cursed," the servant responds.


     "What do you mean," Clara asked?


     "A long time ago my family had made a deal with a witch. One day they decided they would not go through with that deal so the witch cursed my family. We could only have one child until someone in our family defeated her. A couple of years ago my son decided he would be the one to defeat the witch. He went off into that forest and never came back. Now my family name will end with me."


     "No it wont," Clara told him. She gave him a hug and repeated, "No it won't."


     "Anyway Ms. Clara we need to pick out your clothes for tomorrow because someone's going on a field trip," Jeffery told her. Clara gave Jeffery a big hug and ran over towards her closet.


     "Jeffery if you don't mind me asking but what was your sons name," Clara asked?


     "Yes, well his name was Richard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just an Idea

  Home girl gets high and starts tripping. Starts blacking in and out. Looks down and sees that she’s miraculously pregnant. Calls her frie...