Friday, July 28, 2017

The Bad Batch

     "Damn I think she sold me a bad batch," I say to myself as I stumble down the street yet never reaching the ground. As I approach an old acquaintance of mines old abandoned house I think to myself. "Don't nobody live there any more and no one really comes around here. So I decided that I'd just go through the broken hole in the fence and make my was to the deck out back to catch a couple of ZZZ's.

     As I drift off into sleepy town I begin to here elf like voices. One says, "Is she dead." The other says, "No her chest is still moving. Look," I assumed he pointed towards my chest showing his friend prof of life. "What should we do with her," another voice came behind me. "Lets send her to Floaty Land," one of the voices suggested.

     I finally turn to get a look at these little elves. To tell them to leave me alone, but as I did I saw them. With big bright smiles on their faces. At first they were welcoming smiles that soon turned into devilish Cheshire smiles. One of them pulled out a water bottle and told me to drink it. He said "the skys the limit of you drink this. I go to reach in my book bag to grab the dollar store camping knife I brought a couple of days ago.

     I slash at the closest guy and I miss. One of the guys moved towards me and tried to get the knife out of my hand. So I slashed at him too. I snagged him and he began to bleed. Finally the third guy jumped in and I got him in the leg. I got up and began running away as fast as I could. I pulled out my phone and called the first number that poped up.

     "Do you have any idea what time it is women," my friend said.

     "Please I need you to come get me I'm around where Ronnie use to live and there's a couple of guys chasing me I need your help," I yelled out bursting into tears sobering up with every word.

     "Okay, okay I'm on my way just try to keep them away from you. I'll find you," he hangs up.

     A couple of minutes later he pulls up in front of Ronnies' old house. I'm just standing there petrified of what "might" be behind me.

     "Are they behind me," I asked my friend.

     "No no ones behind you," he responds.

     "Good," I say relieved as I walk towards the car. Still not daring to look back. I get in the car and the Dollar Store knife is still in my hand.

     "What are you holding," he asks.

     "A knife that's how I got away from them I got two of them," I show him the knife.

     "There's no blood on it," he tells me.

     I  look down at the knife. I knew I just knew I got at least one of them with it. They had dropped down to the floor holding their side. My friend takes the knife from  me and continues  to drive me home. When we finally make it to my front door I had forgotten where I had put my keys. So my friend had to search my bag for me and find them. He opened the door and walked me to the couch. I sat down and closed my eyes telling myself that I was safe now.

     When I opened my eyes and looked over my friend was no longer there. Sitting in his place was a stranger. A man I've never met before. I asked it what he was planning to do to me and he told me nothing. He asked me if I was feeling okay. I told him yes, but I was lieing.

     My head was spinning round and round. A thousand things hit me at once. As I slowly came down from this most certainly bad high. Finally the stranger had convinced  me he was only here to help. So I laid my head down in his lap and closed my eyes.

     The next morning when I woke up the sun was beaming on my face. My eyes not ready to handle what the day had in stored for me. I looked around and no body was there. I was all alone in my living room. I checked my phone not a single call was made last night. I searched my bag for the knife, and not a single drop of blood on it.

     Finally I had come to the conclusion that last night I surly did have a bad batch. I laid back down on my bed wondering. Did I learn my lesson or am I just going to do it all over again tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just an Idea

  Home girl gets high and starts tripping. Starts blacking in and out. Looks down and sees that she’s miraculously pregnant. Calls her frie...