Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Wishing Tree

      Once upon a time there was a vibrant town. The people their were full of life and music. Every morning the birds would sing, every evening the forest animals would dance, and at night the town would light up with breath taking colors.
      In the heart of this town there was a tree. Now some said the tree had magical powers, and if you watered it while singing it would grant you one wish.
      One day a stranger had made his way into the town. The towns people greeted him with open hearts, and arms. When night fall came they had a huge celebration. During the celebration one of the elders saw the stranger staring at the tree.
     "It's a magical tree," she said sitting down next to him, "It's what keeps this town so full of life. Some say if you water the tree and sing to it, it will grant you a wish."
     "How do you know that," the stranger asked.
     "I don't know silly boy," she cupped his chin, "I believe." The women giggled then got up to dance with the rest of the town.
     The stranger sat there just staring at the tree.
     "Come dance with me," a tiny voice came from behind him.
     The stranger turned around and saw a little girl with orange hair holding her hand out with the biggest smile on her face. He just looked at her deciding what to do. Then all of a sudden the little girl grabbed the strangers hand and began pulling on it with all her might. Eventually the stranger gave in and danced with her.
     When the party was over several of the towns people had offered to put him up for the night, but he told them that he preferred to sleep outdoors. So a couple of the men built him a tent and gave him supplies for the night.
     The man went in the tent and tried to get some sleep but he couldn't all he could think about was the tree. So he got up and grabbed a cup of water. He stood in front of the tree for quite some time.
     "Am I seriously about to sing to a tree," he asked himself.
     Finally the man began pouring the water and began singing. Once the last drop of water fell out of the cup the roots began to light up. The light slowly began to spread over the tree until it reached the top.
     "Now what do I just make a wish," the man asked the tree. The trees branches began to sway but there was no wind. Taking that as a sign the man then mumbled something under his breath. He looked up at the tree then walked back into the tent.
     In the morning the birds did not chirp, and in the evening none of the forest animals came out to dance or play. The people in the town began to worry. The elder women that had talked to the man the other night went to go check on in his tent.
     In the tent all she found was a note she read the note and her eyes began to fill with tears. She left the tent to tell the town people what had happened.
     "Excuse me everybody can you please all gather around. I believe I know what happened," she cleared her throat and began reading the note. By the time she was finished the whole town was in tears.
     That night while every one was eating dinner another stranger had came through the town. This time it was a young women with bright orange hair. The town people were in awe. The elder women walked up to the women and gave her the note. She then began to read it and her eyes to filled with tears.
     I have searched high and low for this town. Where I come from we are not as nice. Once my father and his brothers found this town and stole a child from here. A young girl with bright orange hair. After learning of my fathers doing I made it my goal mission to return her. In fear that she might get hurt on the journey I hid her from my father and my uncles and set off looking for her home town. I am not proud of what my family has done and one day they will get what's coming to them. But I am proud of what I will do. If you are reading this then that tree the one that sits in the heart of your beautiful town is truly special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just an Idea

  Home girl gets high and starts tripping. Starts blacking in and out. Looks down and sees that she’s miraculously pregnant. Calls her frie...